20 February 2016

We have two massive updates for today!

Guns and Grapple has been around for almost eight years (or a decade, including planning)  and creating it was one of the best decision I've made. I've had wonderful experiences and I've met incredible people across the globe. From a young age, Lara had been my personal hero and I loved escaping with her on numerous adventures; having the opportunity to celebrate that with so many friends has been wonderful. I am really fortunate to have met so many talented writers and cosplayers and creators and I look forward to continue to following your adventures for, I hope, many years to come.

Owning the site hasn't always been easy, but in the end it's always been worth it. It's taken me to new places and dared me to go a little bit further.

I've learnt a lot and it's been an interesting journey, but one that's entering it's final chapter.
Next February will mark the closure of Guns and Grapple's eighth and final year.
There's some sadness with writing those words, but it feels as though it's for the better. It feels like a natural end, and I am happy that I have so many great memories from the past decade to accompany it. For me the series always represented adventure and stepping into the unknown, even if it's scary, because sometimes it just works. And for me it did, ten years ago I made an actual life changing decision, and my life is richer for it. This past month brought a wave of new opportunities both professionally and personal that I didn't want to pass up, but requires more hours in the day. I want to go for them.

But this has been such a huge part of my life that I didn't want to leave it behind so suddenly, so I wanted to celebrate one final year, especially as it's the 20th anniversary of the series.

Which brings us to our next massive update.

I'm incredibly excited to announce a new member joining Guns and Grapple, the lovely Kate Sykes.

Kate is extremely multi-talented with experience as a cosplayer, writer, actress, photographer and interviewer. Over the past few years she has written guest posts for the Official Tomb Raider Blog as well as numerous lovely articles and interviews for Guns and Grapple. She has been spotlighted for her cosplay skills by Crystal Dynamics in Croft Couture and has been a featured cosplayer at Lara Croft Cosplay. In recent years, she has written two Tomb Raider fan films, a Christmas short, and the upcoming adventure, Hunted.

For me it's a great pleasure to have her on my team, I am a huge fan of her work and she's a brilliant friend. A huge thank you to Kate for taking this final adventure with me.


Let's make it a good year!



0 comments:

Post a Comment